Summary of what is changing – WA Strata Reform
Making strata better
WA strata law and regulations are changing for the better – leading to important new requirements within our State’s strata framework that will apply to many Western Australians.
The WA Parliament passed amendments to the Strata Titles Act 1985 in 2018 to modernise how strata is run and managed and deliver a better strata framework for the future.
The amended Act will take effect in Western Australia on 1 May 2020 and introduce:
- Better information for strata buyers
- More efficient dispute resolution
- A fairer process for scheme termination Improvements to strata management
- Leasehold strata as a new form of land title
- More flexible staged subdivision