“It’s our mission to promote socially sustainable communities that focus on equality
and proficient environmental and economic management”
Bellcourt commenced operation in 1996 under the directorship of Joan Bellerby and Jacky Courtney. Jacky Courtney has since retired and Scott Bellerby stepped into the business in early 2014 and is now the Managing Director.
As well as the substantial 30 years’ industry experience and wealth of strata knowledge that Joan offers, Scott brings into the business over 16 years’ experience as a licenced commercial valuer, retail development manager and asset manager.
Over the years, Bellcourt has grown to become one of the most respected strata management companies in WA, offering exclusive state-wide strata management services.
Bellcourt currently manages 200 strata companies consisting of around 5,000 lots. In order to do so in a professional manner, Bellcourt has seven full time strata managers, three assistants, an accounts team, insurance renewal and claims team and other support staff.
All staff are proud members of Strata Community Association WA (SCA). Our strata managers are accredited SCA WA strata managers or working towards accreditation, all staff have completed the SCA WA A100 Course and undertake regular professional development training.
Bellcourt understand the expectations and demands that come with managing your unique scheme. Our long term relationship with a number of strata companies, which in a lot of cases extends beyond 22 years, is a clear demonstration that we can deliver exceptional service that exceeds our client’s expectations.
We aim to work closely with our clients and the Council of Owners on creating socially sustainable communities. There is no doubt that belonging to a strong community benefits our lives and case studies have proven that people living in positive communities live longer, happy lives. Vibrant community minded schemes are safer and more enjoyable places to live and work, they have higher capital values, lower vacancy rates, shorter selling periods and are better maintained as residents take a more active approach in the management of their scheme.
We have established systems to deliver on the efficient and effective management on all areas within your strata company, including:
- Strata Management Practice Standard – sets a benchmark and provides a professional, predictable and reliable level of customer service that is documented.
- Individual Bank Accounts – for ease of auditing and peace of mind each strata company is set up with their own Macquarie bank account.
- Annual Auditing of Accounts – HLB Mann Judd undertakes an annual REBA certificate of compliance audit for the strata company accounts. Given each strata company has its own bank account, we can easily source very competitive quotes for detailed auditing of individual schemes if required (additional cost applies).
- Monthly/Quarterly/Bi-Annually Financials – Income and Expenditure Statement including Actual v Budget, Outstanding Creditors Report, Owners Account Status Report, Ledger Listings and Financial Statements, plus accompanying bank statements.
- Insurance Claims and Renewal Department – we have a dedicated team member that is solely responsible and able to source competitive quotes from all strata insurers and effectively process and track all claims.
- Accounts Department – quick, efficient service, includes effective debt recovery processes and daily reconciling of all accounts.
- All staff are SCA Members, are accredited and/or working towards accreditation, have completed the SCA A100 Strata Managers Course and undertake regular training with SCA and other membership bodies, including the Property Council of Australia, the Australian Property Institute and the Facilities Management Association.
- Agreed Services – comprehensive list of services included within the management fee, with an extensive list of Additional Services including detailed itemised costings, so there are no surprises.
We go the extra step for our clients
Clients will always have continuity of service and the ability to deal directly with the Directors, as well as a senior strata manager and their assistant, for daily operations. Scott Bellerby will be involved from the start, assisting the senior strata manager to bring the scheme on-line and to assure all Owners expectations are being met.
Knowing our responsibilities when it comes to professionally managing strata schemes, Bellcourt can confirm that they have:
- Public Liability Insurance policy for an amount of $10,000,000 from the commencement of the Services until the Consultant ceases performing the Services;
- Professional Indemnity Insurance policy for an amount of $5,000,000 covering any act, error or omission by the Consultant or its employees.
- enrolled with BROWZ for compliance purposes.